FAQ's and Troubleshooting
- Can I make a PDF of the crossword and store this on my computer?
- Yes. Please see the "How to make a PDF" button on the generated puzzle page. The provided video will show you how to create best available reproduction of beautiful/complex puzzles like our puzzle maker creates.
- No puzzle shows up - only the clues.
- This usually occurs for 1 of 2 reasons:
- 1. Try closing ALL instances of your browser, then re-open and try again. Reason: This crossword maker takes a decent amount of your browser memory; if you are already using too much, it will not make the puzzle. This usually occurs with too many tabs or you browser hasn't been restarted in a long time. You must close all instances of your browser for your computer to reallocate that memory to a single window. Do it - it's worth it!
- 2. You have a very old browser. This crossword creating tool uses technologies only available on the latest browsers. Try Google Chrome browser - it works wonderfully! (especially if you are on an old operating system like WindowsXP).
- Can I put this worksheet on my website? Can I put this worksheet in my book? etc.
- In general, you are allowed to make copies for classroom or home use only, provided you do not remove the citation on the copies.
- How do I adjust font size? How do I change the font? Can I add my own images?
- Yes. Once you create the crossword, there are a bunch of options on the left. You can change font, font size, font color, background color, add/remove name and instructions and add pictures. Be sure to check out all of the opion buttons on the left!