Word Search Maker FAQ's and Troubleshooting
These FAQ's are for The Teacher's Corner "Word Search Generator".
- My kids found a bad word in the puzzle!
- I only bring this up because out of the hundreds-of-thousands of word searches made on this site, we received 1 (one) comment that was LIVID. The person stated that their kids found a bad word in the puzzle, and they could not believe that we would hide bad words in the puzzle, and they would tell their friends never to visit our site, etc. etc.
- Reason this happened: We take your words, and randomly place them in a grid of RANDOM letters. Because it is RANDOM, their is an extremely small chance that RANDOM letters may RANDOMLY align to create an undesirable word in your puzzle. This is not a malicious act on our part. If this very slight possibility is of concern, we recommend that you check over your word search carefully after it is generated, and prior to distributing to your kids.
- Can I make a PDF and store this on my computer?
- Yes. This is an option on most computers in the "Print" box that pops up when you print the worksheet
- Find the box that allows you to 'choose your printer'.
- Simply change the 'printer' in that dialog box to "Adobe PDF" (or similar).
- Then choose "Print". You will be given new options on "where to save" your new PDF.
- Can I put this worksheet on my website? Can I put this worksheet in my book? etc.
- In general, you are allowed to make copies for classroom or home use only, provided you do not remove the citation on the copies.
- Any other uses are forbidden without express written consent of The Teacher's Corner
If you have further questions, please send a email to: theteacherscorner.net [at] gmail.com